13 October, 2014

Comprehension 3 Answer Key.

Answer the following Questions:

I] A. Write the synonym for the following from the given passage:

  1. unseen - invisible

  2. unfamiliar person - stranger

B] Write the antonym of the following:

  1. loose- tight

  2. empty- full

C] Frame sentence of your own and maintain the word class in your sentence:

  1. escaped - The hungry lion escaped from the zoo in search of its prey.

  1. complain - I launched a complain at the police station for my lost motorbike.

 II] Answer the following:

Q1) What did Mrs. Hall want to know about the stranger?

Mrs. Hall wanted to know from where the stranger had found the money. She also wanted to know how his room was empty when no one had seen him go out or come back into his room again.

Q2) Why were the people shocked?

The people were shocked when they saw the stranger take off his hat, moustache and bandages. They found no visible thing at all.  He was completely invisible.

Q3) Why did the stranger remove his clothes?

The stranger removed his clothes because he knew that he was invisible without them on. He was sure that this was an easy way for him to escape from the police.



III] Directed writing:

Imagine you are Mr Bobby Jaffers from the story.  Tell your family how you were unsuccessful in solving the case of the invisible man.  

  • Why did you come to Mrs Hall's lodge?

The case at Mrs. Hall's lodge was very mysterious. Even though I was unsuccessful to solve it I learnt a lesson to be more careful next time. I must tell you'll what happened at the 'Coach and Horses Lodge'.

I hurried to the Lodge as I had to attend to a complaint lodged about some money being stolen. While I was on my way a group of people came to complain about a fight at the 'Coach and Horses Lodge'. I headed straight to the lodge.When I reached there I saw a crowd outside the lodge, they were watching the fight between Mrs. Hall and the stranger. I entered in, to see what was the matter, to my surprise I found a headless figure standing right in front of me. He had bandages on his face, he sat hidden in his long coat, hat and dark glasses, his hands were gloved and his shining, pink, false nose was lying on the floor which he had removed in anger. The headless figure spoke to me  from above his collar. It was the strangest thing in the world, to hear a voice as if coming from an empty space.

  • How did the invisible man react towards you?

I pulled out the handcuffs and said, head or no head I have to arrest you. The invisible man asked me the reason for his arrest. I explained that there was a complain of money being stolen from a house and the situation here points at you to be the thief. He disagreed, saying Nonsense! I told him that I had to follow instructions.The stranger agreed to come along with me but without the handcuffs. Little did I know what was playing at the back of his mind.

  • How did the invisible man escape from your grip? What were your feelings as you were unable to solve the case?

The very next moment I saw him slip out of his shoes, socks and trousers. He jumped up and flung off his coat. Realising what he was up to I asked him to stop and gripped his waistcoat but I was left holding the empty waistcoat in my hand. I screamed aloud to those around to hold him and they all rushed for the same. In the blink of an eye he removed his white shirt off and he was completely invisible. Thus he escaped. I really felt ashamed that being present there I was unable catch him. I shouldn't have agreed to his request of accompanying me without the handcuffs this was my foolish decision. I could have easily caught him and won a bravery award or a medal that would have made me a famous cop. Any way I have learnt a lesson how to handle these type of cases in future.  


No comments: