1. Why was he called the selfish giant?
Saying that the garden is his own he built a high wall around the garden so that the children would not be able to play.
2. What did the Giant see in one corner of his garden that melted his heart?
A small boy who could not climb the tree on his own.
3. In your own words, describe the Giant's garden in not more than 3-4 sentences.
The giant's garden was large and beautiful,with soft green grass. There were twelve peach trees that in the springtime broke out into delicate blossoms of pink and pearl, and in the autumn bore rich fruit. The birds sat on the trees and sang sweetly.
4. What was the wonderful sight that the Giant saw one morning when he thought that Spring had come back to his garden?
Through a little hole in the wall the children had crept in and they were sitting on the branches of the trees. The children were happy and the birds were back in the garden.
5. Do you think that the Giant was right in not allowing the children to play in his garden? Give reasons to support your view.
Do as directed:-
1. Identify the parts of speech of the underlined words:-
a. This is a delightful spot. adjective
b. Then the Hail stopped dancing over his head. pronoun
2. He was really very sorry for what he had done. (Separate the subject and predicate.)
Predicate: was really very sorry for what he had done.
3. Give the adjective of 'gently' and frame a sentence using the new word.
adjective - gentle
4. Pick out a synonym of 'view' from the passage – scene/ sight
5. Pick out an antonym of 'asleep' from the passage - awake