17 August, 2015

Gr 3 Comprehension-2 Answer key

Grade 3                   Comprehension-2 Answer Key                

  17th Aug,2015               


I. Answer the following questions:

1. What did Sam talk about with his friend Billy on the bus?


Ans. Sam spoke to his friend Billy about baseball and trading cards.


2. What do you think we can learn from this passage?


Ans. We can learn that we should always be confident as how Sam got over his nervousness.


3. How would Sam probably feel about talking in front of the class next time?


Ans. Sam would probably feel calm about talking in front of the class next time.


4. One of the reasons Sam was eventually able to enjoy his presentation was that:


A. He practiced it with his teacher beforehand


B. He had been to Hawaii


C. He enjoyed his topic


D. His friend Billy was in the class


II. Language Record:


1. From the passage give one word for:


a. a feeling of getting scared: nervous


b. a sport of riding a wave while standing on a surfboard: surfing


              Word

Tick the correct word class

Frame a sentence of your own

           


          Stare


Verb        


Adjective


Noun        



Tom tried not to stare.


Its rude to stare at people.






           Restful

Verb        


Adjective


Noun  

After a long busy day I had a restful night.






III. Directed Writing:


Imagine you are Sam.  Finally the day came when you had to do something that you were afraid to do for a long time.


  • What were you feelings in the morning when you woke up?

  • What happened when you entered the classroom ?

  • What did you learn on this day and how did you feel in the end?



       I am Sam.  The chirping of the bluebirds woke me from my restful sleep. As I slowly woke, I got a funny feeling in my stomach. Breakfast was normal and I began to relax. As we approached the school, I could feel my heart beating. My hands were starting to sweat. I hated this!

       I entered Mrs. Owens' class. She was smiling, and saying hello to all her students as she did every morning. "Hi Sam," she said as I walked in. "Hi," I said and quickly sat in my seat. We said the pledge, and then took our spelling test. I looked at the clock. The time was near. I hope I am not first! Mrs. Owens said it was time to begin our special day. Mrs.Owens announced, "Sam, you'll be first." I got up slowly, looking at the ground as I walked to the front of the room. I looked up, and everyone was staring at me. Mrs.Owens must have known I was nervous because she came by me, and put her hand on my back.

       I learnt that we should be confident and only when we are confident we will be able to think correctly and also speak well. I talked in front of the whole class, and it was fun. It wasn't scary after all. The class clapped as I finished and Mrs. Owens was smiling. I was proud of myself.

No comments: