19 December, 2016

Grade 3 Comprhension (Answer Key)

ASKING PERMISSION

 

1.                 Where did Drona go to get brinjals?

To get brinjals, Drona went to the field where lots of brinjals grew and it belonged to Bhairav.

 

2.                 What did Drona do to take the brinjals from the field?

Drona, bent down beside brinjal plants, pretending to be the field and took a dozen of brinjals from the field.

 

3.                    How did Bhairav punish Drona?

Bhairav punished Drona by dipping him hundred times or even more in a pond.

 

Application based question:

 

If you were Bhairav, how would you punish Drona for stealing your brinjals?

Your opinion


Language Record:

Give a synonym of consent from the passage: permission

Give an antonym of straight from the passage: bent

 

Directed Writing:

Imagine you are Drona from the passage and are now narrating your experience of stealing the brinjals from Bhairav's field. Use the following pointers to narrate your experience.

1.                 Why did you want to get brinjals?

2.                 From where and how did you get them?

3.                 To whom did the brinjal field belong to and what did he do to you?

4.                 What lesson did you learn after this bad experience?

Hi, I am Drona. I lived in a small village. I loved brinjal sambhar a lot. Near the village there was a field where lots of brinjals grew. It belonged to Bhairav.

 

I went to the field, but did not take a brinjal and run away. Instead, I bent down beside the brinjal plants, so that my mouth would be close to the ground. I asked the field for permission to take the brinjal. Pretending myself to be the field, I permitted myself to take as many as I wish . I took a dozen brinjal and went home. I wanted to eat some more brinjal sambhar, so I went to the field the second time and then repeated the same.

 

Bhairav was the owner of the field, he knew somebody was stealing his brinjals. He was a giant and the most hard working man in the village. He decided to keep a watch on his field. One night he saw me going to the brinjals and asking the field for permission to take the brinjals, as usual. But before I could move to pluck the brinjals, Bhairav pounced on me and carried me to the edge of a pond. Then he dip me hundred times or even more in a pond. I got home very late that night.

 

After that incident I never stole any brinjals again. I learnt a lesson that stealing is taking something that belongs to another person. The honest way of getting goods is to buy them with money.

 

No comments: